Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Random Musings"

Good Morning peeps! 
Lately, I have been waking up with a song on my mind from which to draw inspiration for my writing. Oddly, that didn't happen this morning. I'm not saying I don't ever have thoughts unrelated to songs, but I like having that connection. Instead, I will draw from the many songs that are swirling around in my psyche, plus throw in some "random musings." Yes, I know...I am being somewhat self-indulgent (like most jazz is) but as The Isley Brothers said, "It's Your Thing, Do What You Want to Do"... So, I will.
 
The Top Tens Signs That Christmas is Coming:


1. The heavy rotation of commercials letting us know the Hess Truck is coming and it's  better than ever...

2. We just said good-bye to Summer...didn't we?
3. Over Stock is running it's recycled commercial from years back, with the woman singing and everyone dressed in white.
4. Your kids are acting especially nice and/or complaint

5. Cool Old Navy commercials with young people dancing and singing (lest yee forgot who their targeted audience is).
6. You start receiving emails about "wish lists"
7. Macy's skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving and cut to the chase, by putting up Christmas decorations in September.
8. Nat King Cole's version of The Christmas Song is on your mind (fess up...you know it is)
9. A Christmas Story is beginning it's marathon run on TV.
10. "Black" is beautiful again...as in "Black Friday"...one of the biggest shopping days of the year for retailers.
Random: Santas are now asking for the H1N1 shots first! And forget letting your kids sit on Santa's lap!

There! That's all I have on that subject for now. Can you think of more signs? Please add yours...

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

1.Neighbors putting Christmas decorations on their doors.(leaving the decorations on the doors way after New Years)
2.Noisy neighbors that think it's ok to play very loud music after the party is over.(Please give me a break this year)
3.Neighbors that put garbage out in the hall and think Housing suppose to remove.
3. Hoping no one get shot dead in my neighborhood (This is something that seems to happen EVERY New Year's)

Steph Jordan said...

1. People turn into big whiners
2. Losers run for the hills to avoid sharing LOL
3. People show up out of no where that you haven't seen in ages
4. Money disappears into thin air
5. Everyone becomes a singer
6. Sequins shine brighter than usual
LOL

BeverlyRhett said...

@Marilyn: # 3 is such a sad commentary on our times, isn't it? Why can't respect for human life return? What happened to foster such inhumanity from one against another?

@Stephanie: Elaborate on #5, if you will.

Steph Jordan said...

LOL I was being sarcastic I think. I was listening to some vocally butcher the Christmas Song as I was writing LOL.

Post a Comment

Blog Love Here!